Monday, May 16, 2005

May 14//One super goal


We were looking at this strange contraption erected on the beach. It was a fun guessing game for awhile, but then the question really got to us. Finally Cackles said it was a soccer goal. Of course, it looked just like one. But when we looked around there was not another one in sight. We could see for a long way on one side, and on the other was a cliff, limiting our field of soccer. Maybe they didn’t have enough material and instead of splitting up their resources, they took everything they had--VHS tape for a rope marking the upper boundary, wooden rods, styrofoam, plastic sheets for flags, and a former orange crate) and just made one amazing goal.
Then I realized how utopian just that thought was. I was embarassed that this story would enter my head, that I am idealist, naive, a dreamer. But then I noted that the story hadn't entered, all the empirical signs led to the story. Amazing how real stories can be metaphors the second after you tell them.

Then I started continuing the goal in iterations. I can't just lie still on the beach. There's so much to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home